Additions expand fast-growing soft brand to five countries and more than 100 locations; Canadian roster includes five open hotels and resorts and seven recently signed deals across six provinces
Since launching less than 18 months ago as Wyndham Hotels & Resorts (NYSE:WH) first soft-brand, Trademark Collection by Wyndham is continuing its rapid growth around the world and raising its flag in Canada with a dozen recently signed hotels and resorts spanning the country. These additions five of which have opened doors in British Columbia and Ontario, and another seven set to open within the next year in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Alberta, and Saskatchewan bolster the brands footprint on both sides of the Atlantic with the Trademark name now adorning more than 100 hotels in North America and Europe.
Launched in 2017, Trademark is the first soft-brand geared to three- and four-star hotel owners passionate about upholding their hotels independent spirit and designed for everyday travelers seeking distinctive, attainable accommodations in sought-after destinations. Today, travelers can tap global, award-winning Trademark experiences like The INFINITY Hotel & Conference Center in Munich, Germany, and the HYPERION Hotel Basel in Basel, Switzerland, as well as notable American locations like the Galt House Hotel in Louisville, Ky., Ravel Hotel in Long Island City, N.Y., and the Zermatt Utah Resort & Spa in Midway, Utah.
This global momentum is a testament to Trademarks mounting appeal as one of the most compelling soft-branded offerings for independent hoteliers across the globe, said Greg Giordano, vice president, brand operations, Trademark Collection by Wyndham. These recent landmark additions, located in some of Canadas most coveted travel spots, underscore what it means to be a Trademark hotelunmatched character, charm, and individuality. These hotels are now backed by the global distribution power of a leading hospitality name in Wyndham, and a team passionate about driving more travelers through entrepreneurial hoteliers doors every day.
Planting Roots in the Great White North
Trademarks Canadian additions widen the brands presence in North America, joining nearly 50 hotels across the U.S. The first locations flying the Trademark flag in Canada include:
- Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre, Trademark Collection by Wyndham, in Collingwood, Ontario: Located in one of the countrys most spectacular natural landscapes, the 94-room Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre gives guests easy access to year-round outdoor activities, up-and-coming wineries, trendy boutiques and galleries, and award-winning dining in the heart of Collingwood, just 90 minutes north of Toronto Pearson International Airport. Recent renovations have transformed the hotel by infusing modern design, comfort, and enhanced functionality into its lobby, restaurant, on-site spa, indoor pool, standard guest rooms and nearly 9,400 square feet of meeting and event space, which can accommodate up to 400 guests. The hotel also offers customized leisure, event, and corporate packages.
- The Plaza Hotel, Trademark Collection by Wyndham, in Kamloops, British Columbia: Built in 1928, the 67-room Plaza Hotel in downtown Kamloops balances modern decor and conveniences with historic British Columbian charm. The renovated hotel is conveniently located just steps from the citys shops and restaurants, and close to popular attractions like Riverside Park and Exhibition Park. Complimentary hotel amenities and services include daily breakfast, wireless internet access, and access to nearby fitness and wellness centers.
Further propelling the brands momentum in Canada are two recently signed franchise agreements bringing seven Trademark hotels to four additional Canadian provinces. Wyndham recently executed a deal with Advanced Lodging, Inc., for three highly rated hotels in Eastern Canada scheduled to open under the Trademark brand by the end of the year: Chateau Bedford in Halifax, Nova Scotia; Chateau Moncton in Moncton, New Brunswick; and Chateau Saint John in Saint John, New Brunswick, located just two kilometers (a little over one mile) from Wyndhams Canadian-based contact center. In Western Canada, another four Trademark locations will open their doors in 2019 in Alberta and Saskatchewan through a franchise agreement with Royal Hotel Group.
- Wingate by Wyndham Expands in Three Countries with 14 Hotels
- Wyndham Strengthens Trademark’s U.S. Footprint with Latest Additions
- Hyatt Plans to Double Brand Presence in Canada
- IHG celebrates milestone of 100 Holiday Inn Express hotels in Canada
All Trademark hotels participate in Wyndham Rewards, the simple-to-use, revolutionary loyalty program from Wyndham Hotels & Resorts. Named a best hotel rewards program for the past three consecutive years by U.S. News and World Report, Wyndham Rewards offers members a generous points-earning structure along with a flat, free night redemption ratethe first of its kind for a major rewards program. Learn more at www.wyndhamrewards.com.